Over 18s with ID card enjoying summer

Got an ID card? One stupid mistake to avoid this summer

Whether you’ve been waiting ages for the holidays to arrive after a punishing round of revision and exams, or you’ve been properly busting a gut at your job (or both!), there’s only one thing that matters right now – and that’s your summer. But don’t forget your over 18 proof of age ID card.

Hello, summer

Your plans might include endless days of tanning your pasty bits down the beach (whether that’s Ibiza or Margate) with a BBQ and some beers, clocking-up frequent flyer miles with your festival fairy wings or superhero cape, or sweating the night out in a neon nightclub glow.

If the weatherman rains on your parade, who even cares? Who doesn’t love a lazy duvet day gaming, watching a bunch of hot new films, or just pinning tattoo ideas? If you’re worried about turning too pale and interesting, you can always brave the torrential downpours to go down the sunbed shop (who needs to know that you haven’t actually been off summering somewhere more exotic than your Mum and Dad’s patio).

What do I need an ID card for?

Not to be a party pooper or anything but even if you look over 18, don’t forget that you’ll need a proof of age ID card for lots of those summer plans, including the following:
• to purchase alcohol (and e-cigarettes, even the cotton candy flavour)
• to get into festivals, nightclubs, bars and pubs
• to purchase age-restricted computer games and videos, or watch age-restricted films at the cinema
• for any other age-restricted entry or purchase (yes, all you axe and crossbow collectors, take note)
• to get a tattoo
• to use a sunbed

My ID Card

My ID Card is an official proof of age card, accredited by PASS, the UK’s national proof of age accreditation scheme. As well as your photo, it has the official PASS logo and hologram and it’s fully endorsed by official organisations such as the Home Office and The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO). Because PASS carries these endorsements, people like the security staff at festival venues and doormen at clubs and bars (or any other gatekeepers of fun) will recognise that your My ID Card is the real deal and let you in.

If your piggy bank is still a few pennies shy of that dream trip to Ibiza, it’s good to know that you’ll also need an over 18 photo ID as proof of age to start work and possibly for job interviews, as well as for buying scratch cards and playing the lottery (plus in casinos, betting shops and bingo halls).

Way less hassle

It’s easy to apply for My ID Card and it only costs £15, which is lot less than the £80 it’ll cost you to replace your passport if you lose it down a portaloo …not to mention much less hassle, and way less gross. Bear in mind that applying for or replacing other forms of ID can also have a long application processes, and we all know that the British summer doesn’t like to hang about. You can get your My ID card in as little as 5-10 days.

Keep My ID Card in your wallet as proof that you’re over 18, so that you don’t get turned away with nothing to do but go home and put the kettle on and like your mates’ gorgeous summer selfies from the sofa. Nobody wants to be that guy.


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *