December is here and the Christmas shopping countdown begins.
Whether you are a well organised shopper or a last-minute grabber, there’s plenty of choice on both the high street and online sales; for great Christmas gifts for all the family.
We are all aware that when purchasing alcohol or tobacco products, it is likely that we will be asked to prove our age. Here are a few surprises that you may not be aware of.
- Cheese boards with utensils, and fondue sets with skewers, fancy cutlery sets, or an electric carver for that huge Christmas bird – they will all require proof of age!
- Alcohol products including liquor based chocolates and minature gift sets
- Gaming – Xbox, Playstation and Nintentdo games are usually age classified
- DVD’s and some adult themed board games
- Christmas Crackers and party poppers
- Crafting sets which contain glue and scissors
- Gardening tools manual or electric – strimmers, hedge cutters and hand tools for trimming
Did you think it would just be the supermarket, newsagents or pub that required your proof of age? Here are some of the high profiles names that will be checking you are old enough to buy your chosen gifts.
MARKS & SPENCERS
Not an exhaustive list – just a few!
A huge bonus to having a My ID Card is our FREE (Worth £12.00) 12 months membership to My ID Rewards with every card issued. This gives you access to discounted gift cards which you can use as gifts or to save money on your own purchases. Simply buy in advance and use in store like cash. The Discounts range from 3% to 15% across many high street names, Christmas is expensive so why not put a little back in your pocket.
The Money saving Expert, Martin Lewis show– publicised the possible savings in using discounted gift cards during his ITV show on 27th November. For example – Buy £100.00 Debenhams card and save 8% – you pay £92.00 but can spend face value of £100 in store. The more you buy – the bigger you save!